Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Bump Update

I have officially entered the beached whale stage of my pregnancy. I'm at month 6 and people keep commenting on how noticeable my bump is. Standing up once I've sat down can be a struggle but bending over is a complete impossibility and I have not even reached maximum capacity yet by a longshot.

As uncomfortable as my body has become, there is always a little ray of sunshine to get me through it. For instance, sometimes I'll be sitting down at my desk working and I'll get really distracted by my stomach twitching. It's not as unnerving as I thought it would be because it makes me realize I'm only an inch or two away from touching my daughter.

I still have no clue how to take care of a baby. We registered for some classes next month but I don't know if they'll be enough. I'm registered at Buy Buy Baby (stupidest store name ever) and got completely overwhelmed by the choices. I was there on Sunday, determined to check everything off on the list they gave me. I finally decided to hedge my bets with most products and registered for several different types of bottles, wipes, creams, etc. I finally had to leave after three hours because I was so hungry I was getting heartburn.

The baby shower is planned for April 30th at Habana Cuba. My sisters are throwing it for me but I insisted that it be a pirate theme. I even found cards that have a peg-legged pirate baby on them. Yeah, my kid is going to be special.

1 comment: