Sunday, March 28, 2010

Aquariums and Flamingos

Lest you think that I only travel to San Francisco, here are some pictures from member's night yesterday at the Monterey Bay Aquarium.

It was a very formal occasion. These guys were so curious about us!

The reason we went was to get a preview of the new flamingo exhibit.

These guys were the stars of the evening:











But the real theme of the exhibit was environmental activism.
There were stations all around where you could send messages to your representatives and share your ideas with others. Rosie rules!








Of course we also saw the permanent exhibits.

My favorite exhibit is the Giant Octopus but they didn't feel like posing for the camera. So this is a shot I took of the octopus video.



Of course, before we left I had to buy a souvenir: Clearly I have a background in modeling.

1 comment:

  1. That looks like a fun trip. The pink flamingos are cool! I haven't been to the Monterey Bay aquarium in ages (that I can remember). I think it's time.

    ReplyDelete