Sunday, March 28, 2010

Land's End and Beyond

On my next journey to San Francisco my sister Stacy and I went to Land's End. What a beautiful place! There were windmills, ruins, trees, beaches, bridges, staircases, more trees and we happened on this little art museum.
Our first stop was at Golden Gate Park where we saw the Dutch Windmill. I can't believe I never knew this was here!

These are the Sutro Baths located near the Cliff House restaurant. Quite the swanky place in its day. Of course, it's gone downhill in the last 100 years.

Here's me in front of what my sister referred to as "some sort of bridge." That books looks familiar as well...

This staircase is one of the many gems in the area.

I tried to solve the maze here (there's that darn bridge again).

We noticed that we were not the only mischief makers on the trail.
Uh, that's not my kind of mischief.

This is more my cup of tea.

We got a little lost even though we were following directions from the book. Then we stumbled onto the Palace of the Legion of Honor. I had heard of it before but never knew what it was. Turns out its a major museum with works from insanely famous artists.
Here is something from a little artist known as Monet.

We ate lunch in the museum cafe. I had a little something called "Pepe le Pew" which was basically a chicken sandwich with tons of onions. Yummy!

Mischief accomplished!

1 comment:

  1. That was a fun day exploring areas of SF I'd never seen before. I had a blast.

    ReplyDelete