Sunday, June 27, 2010

Santa Cruz Gay Pride

I wanted to share with you some images from the Santa Cruz Gay Pride Parade. This is probably the tenth time I've caught it completely on accident. I'll just be making my monthly pilgrimage to Santa Cruz for some shoe shopping and ZOOM! Dykes on Bikes go roaring by:


While it's smaller than the San Francisco parade, it has a lot of heart. I always end up crying happy tears because the parade makes me think that this is how I want the world to be: Everyone is open minded, colorful and having a ton of fun.





The Derby Girls made an appearance:
Probably the best part is when the librarians do a little dance with their carts:
Even Home Depot gets in on the action:
Aaaahhh Santa Cruz!


This was an especially happy parade because, about a month prior to this, there was another parade in Santa Cruz that went very badly. A few losers dressed in black jumped into the parade and smashed some windows; hurting the local, independently-owned businesses. Everything went well during this parade though!

1 comment:

  1. Some of those pics made me laugh, like the dancing librarians. It must have been fun to come across it by accident. I've never seen it.

    ReplyDelete