Saturday, September 25, 2010

Big Sur

Last weekend Jeff and I went to Big Sur. I had never spent any quality time there before and it was a great getaway for us. We stayed in a cute little cabin.
It was about the size of a tool shed and did not have a TV. It did offer peace and quiet though.
Some of the other cottages are bigger. Check out this A frame:

They have a swimming hole but it was a little too cold for a swim.
They rent inner tubes to float around in. But watch your flip flops!
There were some interesting characters around the camp:

Lots of great hiking in the area. This is Pfeiffer falls.

Check out this foot bridge near our camp. We tried to cross it but the entrances were locked up tight.

There's lots of shops and restaurants in the area. Nepenthe is good but the menu is a bit limited. This is the patio of the Big Sur Roadhouse. I like the atmosphere there and I kept bothering the waitresses to tell me what CDs they were playing (Bonnie Raitt and Norah Jones). I think that if I were to open a restaurant it would be like this one. Small, cute, lots of quirky art pieces and, most important, quality creative cuisine.

We spent one day down south checking out Hearst Castle and Cambria. I'll blog about that tomorrow though.

We had a great time in Big Sur but, of course, the time came to go and we were all sad to leave.

3 comments:

  1. Your cabin was too cute indeed! What a fun getaway... love the photos!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that little cabin. I want to go there!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great frog pictures... glad they turned out!

    ReplyDelete