Thursday, September 30, 2010

Office Fun and Games

I was a very naughty girl yesterday. Our company picnic was being held at a nearby park and it involved mandatory fun and games. I really, really hate being forced to participate in any activity. In addition to this, it was extremely hot and the air conditioning was out in our office building making for a sauna-like workplace.

So what did I do? I made lemonade out of lemons. I told everyone I'd be there as soon as the air conditioning was fixed and then I stayed in my office alone all day with an illicitly gained fan blowing on me. It was great and I actually enjoy warmer temperatures so the heat was no big deal for me. I got the office to myself and got tons of work done. Plus, I didn't have to compete in a three-legged race or make artificial conversation all day.

Around 1:00 someone called me and asked if the air conditioning was fixed yet. "Nope," I said. "They're still working on it."

Yeah, it was fixed around noon. Ssshhhhh...

1 comment:

  1. Love it. I'm always looking for a way out of mandatory events, but I don't think I would have had the guts to do that ... pretty ballsy.

    ReplyDelete