Saturday, September 4, 2010

Camping Fun

Last weekend I went camping with Jeff and my sisters at Manresa Beach, just south of Santa Cruz. I've been there a couple of times before but this was probably the best time because it was with family and we had a reason to celebrate - my sister stacy's birthday!

On Saturday we drove through Corralitos which is a beautiful rural community near Watsonville. They have tons of apple orchards and some small nurseries. Nearby, we went to Bamboo Giant, a huge nursery that specializes in, well, bamboo. They have endless trails to walk through filled with different types of bamboo plus ponds and other structures.


That night, we had tons of food for dinner and then locked up the leftovers in the food locker. Around one in the morning I heard Stacy yelling. I rolled out of our tent and found her shooing a raccoon away. After things settled down I went back to bed and was just about to fall back asleep when I heard more scurrying. Being too lazy to get up, I grabbed my camera and stuck it out the tent door. Here is the cutie I caught on film:

We threw a big party for Stacy but she didn't want any pictures of her posted. So, here's to you big sis. Happy birthday!

1 comment:

  1. How dare you post a picture of me in my yellow plumed hat. :o)(Actually, where is that picture from? It's so cute.)

    Love that pic of Rocky. Camping was FUN. Thanks for the b-day party!

    ReplyDelete