Sunday, April 18, 2010

Castle Rock


Earlier this year Jeff and I bought a California State Parks membership and yesterday we used our free passes for the first time at Castle Rock State Park. Castle Rock is located in the Santa Cruz Mountains and has some of the most amazing rock formations I've ever seen.
This is Castle Rock Falls.

Rock climbing is huge in this park and rock climbers are everywhere.

Some gentlemen encouraged Jeff to climb up a rock formation. These guys were very mischievous and told Jeff that if the rope was in his way he should just untie it. Turns out there was a climber attached to the other end of the rope. Hahaha...

Some of the rocks are super easy to climb around. This one had a little hidey hole that we climbed in. All in all, it was a good day indeed and I'm looking forward to doing more hiking as the weather gets warmer.

2 comments:

  1. Looks like fun. I haven't been there in many years. The first time I went there, about 14 years ago, we hiked atop a sheer cliff on a trail so narrow they installed cables to hang on to so you don't fall. I never found that trail it again, but it was quite the exciting adventure.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice Pictures! i didnt think the camera would catch those so well - my old one definitely wouldnt!

    ReplyDelete