Thursday, April 8, 2010

How to equip for an adventure

I'm sure that ever since you started reading my blog you've been dying to ask -"Hilary, what the heck do I bring on my own adventures?" Well, I'm glad you asked! What follows is a non-comprehensive list of stuff to bring when you create mischief.

First of all, guide books are a great way to start your adventure: Of course, these aren't required. Just go for a walk somewhere, anywhere!

Advenures usually require walking or standing, so make sure your feet are properly dressed: Hmmm... time for me to get some new footwear.

Don't forget a cool hat to block the sun and/or rain:

It's important to have the proper bag for your adventure. My current fave is the yellow one, I got it at Cirque du Soleil a few weeks ago when they came to town. (Ovo is a great show by the way.)

It's important to have snacks and wet stuff:

There's other miscellaneous gear you may want to bring: The highest I got my pedometer was 32,000 steps.

Don't forget the tunes!

And, of course, be sure to share your adventure with someone you care about:

3 comments:

  1. I've found Go Dog Go to be one of the best guidebooks around.

    Your post reminds my of a quote I saw many years ago from the former editor of Yoga Journal. "The road to enlightenment is long and arduous. Be sure to bring plenty of snacks and magazines."

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is the cutest post ever! i love the adventure kitty. why isn't he more adventurous around your friends?

    ReplyDelete